This is an awesome recipe that my sister found and modified to make it gluten-free (Thanks C). They are great to bring to Thanksgiving. I tried them out on my in-laws (who are gluten lovers) and the devoured them.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour (Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheets.
- In mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- In yet another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Gradually mix pumpkin mix into sugar and butter mix. When thoroughly mixed, add in dry ingredient mixture. When combined, gradually fold in chocolate chips.
- Make mixture into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Allow cookies to cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Wishing you great food and happy tummies,